The Portal BASE centralizes the information on public contracts celebrated in Portugal mainland and autonomous regions.
Accreditation and Licensing
The exercise of the management and exploration activity, in national territory, of electronic platforms, depends on a license to be granted by IMPIC, I.P.
Therefore, whoever intends to exercise the activity must previously instruct, at the services of IMPIC, I.P. a license application.
The law establishes a set of requirements for access to the activity, on which the granting of a license depends:
• The respective electronic platform is accredited with the GNS (National Security Office);
• Possess commercial integrity;
• Own equity, at least € 50,000;
• Hold a civil liability insurance, or financial guarantee or equivalent instrument that replaces it, in the minimum amount of € 150,000 per annum;
• Present a report, in an IMPIC model, issued by the legal representatives of the management company regarding the compliance with the functional and technical requirements of the electronic platform.
Licenses are valid for 10 years.